DRY SKIN BRUSHING
Dry body brushing has been used for years because the health benefits are so extensive. It can improve venous blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, release toxins, exfoliate dead skin, reduce ingrown hairs and many other health benefits. Many people use dry brushing successfully to assist with the relief of arthritis, improve poor circulation and remove bumpy skin from backs of leg and buttocks.
BENEFITS OF DRY SKIN BRUSHING
• Removes cellulite
• Cleanses the lymphatic system
• Removes dead skin layers
• Strengthens the immune system
• Stimulates the hormone and oil-producing glands
• Tightens the skin preventing premature aging
• Tones the muscles
• Stimulates circulation
• Improves the function of the nervous system
• Helps digestion
AND it’s easy, inexpensive and invigorating!
GENERAL RULES OF DRY SKIN BRUSHING
• Always use a natural bristle skin brush, for optimum results use a plant bristle.
• Perform on Dry Skin only.
• Generally stroke upward in one movement.
• Light strokes repeated 7 times.
• Adjust pressure to your comfort levels.
• Best to follow brushing with some form of hydrotherapy i.e. shower or bath
• Don’t brush more than you need to. Over doing it does not mean better results.
• Work from left to right side of body.
• Arrows indicate brush stroke direction, toward the lymphatic nodes in the body.
Please take note of the following precautions:
• Never Skin Brush over active inflammation or during an active cancer state or over enlarged lymph nodes.
• Do not brush on sunburnt skin.
• Avoid breasts & genitalia area.
• If pregnant seek doctors advice first before skin brushing.
• Wash brush before use.
• If an allergic reaction appears stop brushing.
Dry brushing does exfoliate skin, therefore regular washing of brush is essential to remove dead skin from the bristles. Wash in hot soapy water with a Tea Tree Oil Soap and leave in the sun to dry or well ventilated area, with bristles facing down.
A slight reddening of the skin (Erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.
So if you haven’t tried body brushing before, now may be the best time to start and enjoy the benefits of smoother, younger looking skin.
For more information, go to www.bodecare.com
(This except has been taken from Bodecare)
*Disclaimer: information is presented for educational purposes only and not to be used to diagnose or treat medical illnesses. Seek general practitioner advice before use. (This except has been taken from Bodecare)