Treatments & Services
Acupuncture works on a mental, physical and emotional level, and can therefore benefit and treat a vast range of different conditions. According to clinical studies undertaken by the World Health Organisation, conditions that can be successfully treated with acupuncture include:
- Aches and pains - Sciatica, backache, arthritis, headaches and migraines, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder
- Digestive disorders - Abdominal pain, indigestion, nausea, constipation, IBS, diarrhoea, ulcers
- Respiratory disorders - Re-occurring colds and flu, sinusitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, asthma, wheezing and coughing
- Gynaecological disorders - Irregular menstruation, PMT, menstrual cramps, endometriosis, infertility, menopausal symptoms
- Dermatological disorders - Eczema, acne, herpes and other skin diseases
- Urogenital disorders - Cystitis, incontinence, urinary retention
- Mental and emotional - Depression, anxiety, nervousness, stress, insomnia
Misc. - MS, post stroke paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus, toothache, earache, hypertension/high blood pressure, angina pectoris, morning sickness, sexual dysfunctions, and infertility
SHIATSU MASSAGE THERAPY (as per previous revamp by CT)
The word comes from the Japanese word 'Shi' meaning finger and 'atsu' meaning pressure and is a branch of Oriental medicine. Application stimulates the energy flow of meridians and works on the principles of Chi or Qi also known as Prana or simply energy.
The treatment is most often experienced as deeply relaxing; the clients wear loose, comfortable clothes and lies on a futon (mat) on the floor. The practitioner uses direct pressure with hands and fingers and sometimes with elbows and knees on the client's body. Shiatsu works by stimulating the circulation of Blood and Qi to reactivate the body's natural flow and to reduce or eliminate the restrictions (stagnation) which may impede circulation and give rise to muscular tension, stress, illness, injury and pain. Shiatsu also could reinforce those areas of the body left deficient or undernourished by blood or Qi. Beneficial effects through all the body's circulatory systems (blood, nervous, lymphatic & respiratory) are enhanced by this simple form of Japanese massage.
Some common things that Shiatsu addresses:
- Aches, pains, tension headaches & migraines.
- Physical & emotional trauma.
- Sleeping problems, lack of stamina.
- Poor concentration, fatigue.
- Painful muscles and joints.
- Menstrual disorders.
- Digestive and bowel irregularities.
- Hayfever, asthma, skin conditions and constant colds.
- Sport injury.
- Weight loss, cellulite.
- Low libido.
For your complete wellbeing package contact us today...
OTHER TREATMENTS AVAILABLE
- Click on the following links for further details:-