BATH DETOX USING LIVING CLAY
SUGGESTIONS FOR USING LIVING CLAY AS A BATH DETOX
The skin is the largest organ of our body and can be considered the outward reflection of what’s happening inside. Used topically, Calcium Bentonite Clay pulls out excess oils and impurities and stimulates circulation and cellular revitalization.* Whichever method you select, your skin will thank you for it!
Benefits of Clay Baths
Because the body detoxifies through the skin, clay baths are becoming more and more popular for drawing out toxins and cleansing the skin. Clay baths are beneficial in removing toxic build-up of heavy metals stored in the body.* They also relieve sore muscles, body aches, stimulate lymphatic action and circulation, are very relaxing, and can promote a good night’s sleep.* Children with Autism are reported to be calmer, to maintain longer eye contact, and exhibit improved communication skills after a clay bath.*
How to Prepare a Clay Bath:
- Lightly sprinkle desired amount of clay powder (120gms recommended) into the water as it is running, mix until fully dissolved. A whisk may be used to assist in mixing.
- To make mixing easy, start by mixing the clay powder with 5 cups of water in a lidded container or in a 5 cup blender then add to bath.
- Take care, if a blender or metal whisk is used, to immediately wash any clay residue off of the metal blades or wire hoops after mixing the bath.
Soak for 15-20 minutes. Submerge as much of your body as possible during the bath and stir the water to circulate the clay. The more clay that is used in the therapy, the more powerful the response. Drink water during and after the bath to avoid dehydration.
If the clay is dissolved adequately, it is safe for drains and septic tanks.
Protocol for Clay Baths:
- To detox from heavy metals, chemicals or radiation add 2 cups of clay powder per bath 2 times a week for 5 weeks, or longer depending on the degree of toxicity.*
For a maintenance bath to relieve sore muscles and for total relaxation use 1 cup of dry clay powder as needed.*
PROPER HANDLING AND STORAGE OF CLAY
Follow these simple rules to keep your clay clean, effective, and active:
- Store away from extreme heat and direct sunlight.
- Liquid clay should be stored in a food grade plastic or glass bottle with a non-metallic lid and does not require refrigeration.
- Always use a clean utensil when scooping the clay out of the container.
- Never leave the clay in direct contact with metals for long periods of time. For example don't leave the clay in a metal bowl. The clay's electromagnetic charge will act on the metal severely limiting the clays ability to draw when applied to the skin and will cause the metal to prematurely rust.
- Keep out of close proximity to chemicals and strong odours.
*For more articles and detailed educational information about Calcium Bentonite Clay can be found on www.AboutClay.com and/or get the book Living Clay, Nature’s Own Miracle Cure. Now, go “Kick-Start Your Day” with Calcium Bentonite Clay!
*Disclaimer: This educational information is meant to supplement and not to be a substitute for professional medical care or treatment.